It is designed for students in preschool through 5th grade. Older students will use Strategies for Older Students of the original Lexia Reading program. To purchase Lexia Reading for $174.95 for a one year subscription, click here.
What is Lexia Core5? and why is Lexia Reading best for my child at home?
What is Lexia Core5 ®?
Lexia Reading Core5™ provides all students—from emerging readers to on-level and advanced students—a structured, sequential, scaffolded approach to the six areas of reading instruction—from phonological awareness to comprehension.
View the scope and sequence by activity (pdf).
Lexia Reading Core5 helps students master foundational reading skills by providing immediate corrective feedback, multiple levels of scaffolding, and explicit instruction both online and through direct instruction with the teacher.
Students work independently to develop reading skills in a structured, sequential manner with a focus on:
- Foundational skills to develop automaticity and fluency
- Listening and reading comprehension with complex text
- Academic and domain-specific vocabulary to improve comprehension
View the skills overview.
Lexia Core5 ® is for students from Preschool to 5th grade, Strategies for Older Students is for 6th grade through adult. By using artificial intelligence, your student will be automatically placed in the component that best fits your students needs.
For a Product Tour and to learn more, Click Here
Lexia Strategies for Older Students ®
Designed for 6th graders and above (even if they are not reading on level).
The activities in Strategies for Older students® are specifically designed to remediate basic reading skills while offering age-appropriate content and interface. The focus of the activities helps students increase automatic word recognition by reinforcing phonic elements and sound symbol relationships. Activities in SOS provide extensive practice in everything from basic phonological awareness to advanced word attack skills.
Lexia Reading® Strategies for Older Students® provides:
1. A broad range of activities (basic to advanced) enabling readers of all levels to improve their skills.
2. Interactive exercises which branch automatically, providing practice where needed and increasing in difficulty when the student is ready.
3. Students with independent work, thereby increasing confidence in their skills.
4. Directions in Spanish; aiding non English-speaking students to progress more quickly.
5. Easy-to-read Reports for Parents or Tutors that assist with their instructional planning.
Most of the above text came from Lexialearning.com with their permission
"Lexia, Lexia Reading, Lexia Early Reading, Lexia Primary Reading, and Lexia Strategies for Older Students are all copyright Lexia Learning Systems, Inc.: The Family Literacy Centers, Inc. is also copyright; none can be used without the express written permission from their prospective owners.."